Marketing funnels allow you to trigger and send emails and texts at the right time to the right people. This is a form of marketing automation, and can help you with nurturing your leads and retain your existing members.
*Note: All automated emails and SMS are marketing by default. Soon you will be able to change them to transactional in settings, however automated transactional messages can only go to leads that are unassigned, active or closed. Click here to read more about marketing vs transactional messaging.
Some examples of how to use marketing funnels are:
- sending out automated SMS appointment confirmations and reminders
- sending customers an email on their birthday
- drip feed leads and new customers with more information about your gym.
Setting the funnel steps
- Navigate to Funnels
- Select New Funnel
- Name your template e.g. New signup reminder.
- Choose from one of the prebuilt funnel options.
- Select Set up your steps to start building the steps of your funnel.
- Check the funnel trigger - a trigger is an event you specify that will start the funnel e.g. 2 hours before a presentation occurs.
- Decide what action you want to happen - send an email or SMS. Make sure you preview everything.
- If required, set the schedule for when you'd like the action to happen.
Selecting an audience
You can set an audience for a funnel by selecting a group you've already created, or setting filters for that specific funnel e.g. All leads where location is 'Melbourne Central'.
Don't forget to hit Save Audience.
Making the funnel live
- Navigate back to Check and Start.
- Your checklist is a series of big green ticks. Brilliant work – your funnel is ready to be turned on.
- Make your funnel live by selecting Start Funnel.
You can choose to pause or delete funnels anytime you'd like.