So you’re ready to integrate with MINDBODY? Let’s get started by linking your GymLeads location to your MINDBODY site.
ℹ️ Note that these steps need to be completed by the GymLeads account owner using their MINDBODY owner account.
ℹ️ Note that the toggles listed in this video have since been updated, please refer to the list below to find out more about each of these toggles.
Adding the MINDBODY integration
Follow the below steps to link your GymLeads location to your MINDBODY site.
1. Head to the Integration settings page by clicking the Settings option at the top of the page, then clicking the Third Party Integrations option in the left-hand menu.
2. Open the club or studio that you want to link with MINDBODY by clicking the location name.
3. Choose the MINDBODY integration in the Outgoing section. The MINDBODY integration setup screen will appear.
4. Add your MINDBODY studio ID in the Studio ID field, then click Next. You can find your studio ID by logging in to MINDBODY, then scrolling to the bottom of the page where it's shown at the very bottom-right. If you have multiple locations set up under the same MINDBODY you will be able to select individual locations on the step 3. Select Location.
5. Authorise GymLeads to access MINDBODY by clicking Authorize club. MINDBODY will open in a new page and you'll need to sign in with your owner account then follow the instructions to authorise GymLeads.
If you're not the MINDBODY owner, you can go back to GymLeads and click Send email to manager to email the authorisation instructions to your MINDBODY owner. You can come back to this step at any time by repeating steps 1 to 3.
6. Once you've authorised GymLeads to access MINDBODY, continue by clicking Next.
7. Choose the MINDBODY location to associate with your chosen club or studio by clicking the location name. If you have multiple locations set up under the same MINDBODY account this will be seen here. Then click Next.
8. Adjust the integration permissions to suit your needs, then click Done. The default options work well for most people and you can change them at any time by repeating steps 1 to 3. You can read about each option in the 'Integration permissions section below.
You’ve now linked GymLeads to MINDBODY. Now there’s one final step to ensure MINDBODY sends new leads to GymLeads when people sign up using the MINDBODY website or app.
You can update these permissions at any time by repeating steps 1 to 3 above.
Export Lead: This allows you to manually export leads to MINDBODY (not required if Sync Lead is enabled).
Sync Lead: When this is on, GymLeads automatically sync all leads with your MINDBODY account. Learn more.
Staff Accounts: When this is on, you can link a GymLeads team member with a MINDBODY user, and invite your MINDBODY staff to use GymLeads.
Keep notes and contacts in Sync: When this is on, GymLeads will send notes and communications to MINDBODY as contact logs. (Read the below for more info)
Appointments from class timetable: When this is on, appointment scheduling will use the class timetable from MINDBODY (requires Class attendance requires a booking to be enabled). Learn more.
Class attendance requires a booking: When this is on, GymLeads will attempt to book the lead into your selected class.
Flag lead as prospect: When updating a lead in MINDBODY, mark them as a prospect.
Collect Visits: Visits counts will now display in the lead's profile.
Membership Cancellations: Member cancellation will be marked the lead as "Lost".
Appointment Created: Booking classes will be created appointment in GymLeads.
Appointment Updated: Signing clients in will be updated as an "Other".
Appointment Cancelled: All cancellations will be marked as a "No Show".
Membership Assigned: Adding memberships will close the leads with the same deal. Please note that MindBody has no differentiation between a trial and a membership, they are all coded as a 'purchase', so if you have this toggle on, when a lead purchases a trial (even a free trial charged at $0) GymLeads will close this lead off as a member.
Sync lead from bookings: If we receive a class booking for a lead not in our system, we will try and import them.
Update lead details from MINDBODY: If the leads update their details in MINDBODY, we will update them here.
Ignore MINDBODY home location ID: When capturing a lead from MINDBODY, ignore the home location ID (This solves issues when a lead not coming into GymLeads for some users).
MINDBODY Contact Logs
When you add notes or send communications to a customer through GymLeads, we can add both of them as contact logs in their MINDBODY profile.
To add a contact log:
If the above conditions are met, the following actions will be automatically sent to MINDBODY as a contact log:
Completed contact calls
Text messages (Individual and campaign)
Emails (Individual and campaign)
You don't need to do anything to send the contact logs. All actions will be sent automatically. For example:
Is sent as:
MINDBODY Class Booking
If you've set up your MINDBODY integration, you can take advantage of Class booking. If this is on you can schedule leads into a trial class from your MINDBODY account.
To book a lead into a class, make sure of the following:
Class attendance requires a booking must be enabled
The lead must be successfully synced
When you select schedule appointment' from the lead detail screen, you'll see your classes displayed:
You'll see a list of classes with the day, time, type, allocation, and teacher. Select a class and click next to book them in.
If the booking was successful, you'll see a message that says 'Booked into MINDBODY class':
MINDBODY Lead Sync
If you've set up your MINDBODY integration, you can take advantage of Lead Sync . If this is on we will attempt to sync your leads with MINDBODY.
Every time you create or update a lead, we'll try and send their details to MINDBODY. MINDBODY can be quite strict about what fields it needs before a member can be created, so it will depend on how many details you've put in. You'll be able to view the status by looking at the sync tag next to their name:
If a lead has never been synced, it will show a red tag next to the name. You can hover over the 'i' to see what fields need to be added before we can add them.
If you see a green tag next to the name, it means the lead has been successfully synced with your MINDBODY account and all their details are up to date. You can click on this green plug and it will open a new tab with the prospect profile of that lead in MindBody
Checking for existing leads
If you add a lead, we'll check to see if they exist in MINDBODY first so we don't create double ups.
We use the email to check for an existing lead. If we find a lead with the same email in your account, we'll link them and all changes you make to them in GymLeads will affect the MINDBODY member.